Best place to start your career during these difficult times! Digital Insights UK is offering internships to help you grow in 2021.
We have a new exciting opportunity for SOC operators. The ideal candidate will be pursuing a career in cybersecurity.
Job Title: Security Operations Centre Internship
Job Location: Milton Keynes
Industry: IT, Cybersecurity
Any post-graduate or undergraduate degree with a passion for cybersecurity looking for an internship as a SOC Operator. A fantastic opportunity and experience to develop your career. We need innovative and ambitious individuals. This internship will develop your skills such as
teamwork and innovation as well as providing you with the experience and knowledge in the field of cybersecurity.
- Will be responsible for the security monitoring & log analysis of multi-vendor security solutions.
- Will be responsible for responding to security incidents (malware infections, unauthorised access, malicious emails, DDoS attacks, etc, together with evaluating the type, nature and severity of security events (security assurance/security compliance) through the use of a range of security event analysis tools. You will need to understand common security vulnerabilities and mitigation techniques.
- Perform operational ‘eyes on glass’ real-time monitoring and analysis of security events from multiple sources including but not limited to events from SEIM monitoring tools, network and host-based intrusion detection systems, firewall logs, system logs (Unix & Windows)
- Perform advanced diagnosis and remediation planning in response to security events & incidents
- Analyse security event logs and alerts to determine validity, priority and impact against both security threat best practice countermeasure and client compliance obligations.
- Solid understanding of security concepts on networks, Window, Linux, web applications.
- Solid understanding of networking concepts and web security.
- Ability to multitask under strict deadlines.
- Professional and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively and contribute to a team environment.
- A demonstrated passion for information security.
- Experience with some security tools.
COME WORK WITH US
Digital Insights UK is looking to hire interns for business development.
Job Title: Business Development Internship
Job Location: Milton Keynes
Industry: IT, Cybersecurity
Any post-graduate or undergraduate degree with a passion for business looking for an internship for sales and marketing. A fantastic opportunity and experience to develop your career. We need innovative and ambitious individuals to explore the different areas of business. This internship will develop your skills such as communication, teamwork, and innovation.
- Developing new business related to our SOCaaS offering (Security Operations Centre as a service), Penetration Testing, Digital Forensics and Cloud optimisations & advisory services.
- This is a business development role and you will be selling to warm and cold prospects but with market insight and an edge to your market proposition.
- You will be reasonable for identifying new customers, creating and managing an effective pipeline while converting opportunity into sales while growing our portfolio of clients.
- Identify new business opportunities and develop a pipeline offering high growth leading to the growth and development of a team.
- As a Business Development Intern, you will be reporting to the Business Development Manager. You will identify growth opportunities, develop and implement strategies to win and increase sales of our services within the UK/EU market.
- The position will be set as an annual sales target, determined as part of the annual sales planning process. This target will be an integral part of the KPI agreements and expected achievement.
- Initiate and develop strategies for business growth that identify opportunities for new and potential clients.
- Identify new potential customers, Meet them and report their feedback to the management on a regular basis.
- Ensure that the appropriate business development contracts are identified, and relationships developed and maintained.
- Comply with requirements in relation to work procedures, record keeping, Sales Activity Reporting and other administrative issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills combined with the ability to liaise at all levels both internally and externally.
- Must be hungry to make a success out of the opportunity with a client-friendly and positive attitude.
- Demonstrates professionalism, integrity, ethical behaviour, and commitment to the values of the organisation.
- Ability to adapt behaviour and work methods in response to changing conditions.
- A positive self-starter with the ability to motivate others and work within a team to achieve quality focused results.
COME WORK WITH US
Kickstart - Cyber Security Operations Center Analyst
To apply for this job, you must be claiming Universal Credit and 16 to 24 years old.
Digital Insights Consultancy Limited
- Work with a team of exceptional SOC analysts to monitor client environments for security incidents.
- Detect incidents by monitoring the SIEM console, rules, reports and dashboards.
- Ensure incidents are reported as tickets using the ticketing tool and handled as per client Service Level Agreements.
- Monitor the SIEM console resources to identify any anomalies.
- Create weekly and monthly management reports.
- Digital Insights Consultancy is a Cyber security services company offering a comprehensive range of professional services in the field of Digital Forensics, Incident Response, Cyber Threat Hunting, e-Discovery, Cyber defence services, Security Testing and Managed Security Services through SOC as a service. We are headquartered in Dubai, UAE and have offices and operations in Milton Keynes UK and New Delhi India.
This is an entry-level role and requires no experience in cyber security, however, you need to be keen to learn, develop and improve your skills.
- Take ownership of your responsibilities and ensure they are completed to a high standard.
- Positive and professional attitude.
- Be curious and want to learn.
- Staying current on IT security trends and news.
- Capable of working alone or collaborating within a team.
- Proficiency in any computer application is beneficial.
- Any experience working in an IT role or similar would be advantageous.
Flexible days – Flexible hours
National minimum wage
ADDITIONAL EMPLOYABILITY SUPPORT
- Regular review and feedback sessions will be conducted to ensure the applicant gets the required support to perform their job and identify further external tools for improvements if necessary.
- An experienced team member will provide mentoring and training to equip the applicant employable, and they develop the right attitude, skills and discipline to perform their job functions.
- Progress sessions will be carried out to ensure that the applicant is cared for by monitoring their wellbeing and overall enjoyment of the placement.
- We will support and train the applicant to work towards obtaining the relevant industry certifications that are required for their future career prospects.
- The successful candidate will receive further employability and vocational training and ongoing support via our e-learning providers throughout their placement.